Skip to main content

Someone Explain This Quiz Result To Me.


Congratulations, you're New York City, the Big Apple.
What US city are you? Take the quiz by Girlwithagun.


Charmed was very good last night. The best part was Wyatt scaring away Mommy's dates. That eye thing was awesome. Does that mean he can orb objects or people with eye beams? I would love to see that. The subplot with Phoebe was lame and unneeded. As a producer, I think Alyssa, who's been bashed on this blog a lot lately must have seen the script and bitched she had nothing to do. The main plot with Paige was all right. She's going to be seriously hurt if she continues down this "setting out on her own" road she's on but there is potential for good story here so I hope they continue it. While I loved the banter between Leo and Chris in the time travel subplot, I'm not entirely sure of why it was there. We didn't learn much in terms of who Chris is and why he's really there. I would have liked to know more on this front.

Last week, I commented that there haven't been memorable episodes of Alias. This week was very memorable. Ok, yes this is sweeps so they had to have a memorable episode or they'd be cancelled quickly but still. The return of Allison. She must know something about Sydney's missing two years since she was there in the beginning. While he has every right to want Allison dead, the way Dixon ordered Sydney to kill her bothered me. There was something about it that seemed out of place. The whole Julia thing seems to have ruined my drugged up halcination theory but then scenes like that happen. I love having Sydney has Sloane's handler. ("What if they discover the wire?" "Then I get to listen to you die.") Another thing I loved about this episode was Marshall. I loved his song and comment about IHOP was very amusing. One thing I don't understand is, why does it take a whole other episode for Lauren to to discover the voice is Sydney's when it's completely obvious to me? Is she the new version of Aunt Harriet?

I watched the last hour of CBS's 75th Anniversary Special. Why did Shatner host the Sci-Fi segment? Everybody who cares knows CBS turned down Star Trek in favor of Lost in Space, which they did show a clip of, of course. Ok, yes, they showed the episode of the Twilight Zone that Shatner was on but I think they could have found someone else to do that segment anyway. Another question I have is why Mission: Impossible was included in that segment? I don't really consider it sci-fi although it is true that all the fans of Alias I know are fans to some degree of science fiction shows yet Alias does add a little more sci-fi to it than other spy shows. What's your opinions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c...

Random Comments Into My Life

We did yardwork yesterday. I picked up a lot of sticks. Home Depot sucks on a Friday morning. My father and I went to get a new gascan for the mower and there was only one employee around to help us...and she didn't know anything about how these new fangled gas cans work... So due to a bank error when I reset my bank account so I could accurately keep track again, I had like a hundred dollars less in my account than I thought so my last bill payment put me in the hole. This would've been all right and easily fixed if I had been paid for the last week of my mailroom job but, oddly, I still have not been even though it's been weeks. I don't know if I can accurately convey how infuriated this makes me. If it doesn't happen soon, heads will roll! Also yesterday I re-watched the Enterprise episode "Regeneration"; this time with audio commentary from the writers. They made some valid points I hadn't considered on the issue of if this episode screws with...

Rant and Update

First off, I must ask: Where the bloody hell is my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows ? I ordered the thing five days ago! I'm going to start reading spoilers soon! I really want to read this book! Anyway, so I'm still volunteering at the library. We're in the middle of an inventory now. I've also looked in the catalog, one, to see if we had certain new books already and, two, if we did, to see which branch. This week, I've been assigning call numbers to new books. I haven't done that at all since school and that was Library of Congress (LC) classification anyway while here they use Dewey and Cutter numbers. Tomorrow, I won't be going in as the librarian is out today and tomorrow and I did all the work she left for me already.