Skip to main content

Irritation

I'm posting because I'm royally irritated and I have no one else to bitch to. For a couple months we at my church have been planning a Church Family Movie Night. We specifically called it such so people without families wouldn't feel out of place in coming. The original plan by the Christian Ed committee that I'm on was to show The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe because it appealed to everyone say 5th grade and up, maybe even younger. I would love to see it a third time myself. This event was being planned in conjunction with the Deacons.

One of the Deacons who has children ages around 2 and 5 thought that this movie was too scary for young children, which it probably is. My father tells me today that the crappy new Herbie the Love Bug movie with Lindsay Lohan will be shown instead. In my opinion, and I'm sure I could find film critics who agree with me, this movie would only appeal to young children of which we have only a handful or two, middle school age boys who want to get in Lindsay's pants of which we have none and old men for the same reason as the previously mentioned boys of which we have several but they probably don't like to go out at night so they probably won't be there.

Does this selection defeat the purpose of the "Church Family" label? I think it does. What person who doesn't have young kids is going to want to come to this? I know I don't...

Comments

JRRyan said…
THE PRINCE OF EGYPT = best Biblical movie of all time. Just keep showing it over and over, IMHO. Just tell them that Aaron got the bum rap in this interpretation.
Likestrek said…
Yes, it is a good movie but I think we wanted to show a movie that people had seen less than ten times... :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c...

Rant and Update

First off, I must ask: Where the bloody hell is my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows ? I ordered the thing five days ago! I'm going to start reading spoilers soon! I really want to read this book! Anyway, so I'm still volunteering at the library. We're in the middle of an inventory now. I've also looked in the catalog, one, to see if we had certain new books already and, two, if we did, to see which branch. This week, I've been assigning call numbers to new books. I haven't done that at all since school and that was Library of Congress (LC) classification anyway while here they use Dewey and Cutter numbers. Tomorrow, I won't be going in as the librarian is out today and tomorrow and I did all the work she left for me already.

Random Comments Into My Life

We did yardwork yesterday. I picked up a lot of sticks. Home Depot sucks on a Friday morning. My father and I went to get a new gascan for the mower and there was only one employee around to help us...and she didn't know anything about how these new fangled gas cans work... So due to a bank error when I reset my bank account so I could accurately keep track again, I had like a hundred dollars less in my account than I thought so my last bill payment put me in the hole. This would've been all right and easily fixed if I had been paid for the last week of my mailroom job but, oddly, I still have not been even though it's been weeks. I don't know if I can accurately convey how infuriated this makes me. If it doesn't happen soon, heads will roll! Also yesterday I re-watched the Enterprise episode "Regeneration"; this time with audio commentary from the writers. They made some valid points I hadn't considered on the issue of if this episode screws with...