Skip to main content

6 Weird Things About Moi

Ok, this has been going around the blogsphere like a virus and I have finally been tagged by JRRyan. She is my only reader who has a blog so I tag no one but invite whomever is bored to do this in my comment section if they so choose. You can always get a blog too...

1. I'm not fond of onions and peppers but do love salsa. I also do not like coconut but do really like brazil nuts.

2. I hate wearing shoes but I also really don't like being barefoot either so I am frequently in socks. (Well, rarely in sandals...)

3. I'm left handed but use scissors with my right hand.

4. I frequently sprinkle television or movie references into everyday conversation. By the same token, I frequently make bizarre references. This is very Dennis Miller of me which I suppose is a weird reference in itself...

5. I imagine whole future conversations with people; most of which never do really happen.

6. I'm hardly ever wearing a watch but frequently look at my wrist as if I was.

Comments

JRRyan said…
I was eating lunch with my non-dorky co-workers and they were talking about ways in which they relax after work. So I said that I chill in my leaky bacta tank. They were confounded. I lamely explained what a bacta tank was, and then had to explain it was leaking bc it was built by the lowest bidder.

Don't ppl watch STAR WARS anymore? honestly
Likestrek said…
In college my roommate, two friends, one who like Star Trek and the other who liked Babylon 5, and myself were eating lunch one day and we were discussing the days of the old wooden sailing ships for some reason I said "Bad food. Brutal discipline. No women." absent-mindedly. My roommate looks at me and says "Ok, Commander Riker..." I hadn't even realized I was quoting Star Trek: Generations word for word until he pointed it out...

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c...

Random Comments Into My Life

We did yardwork yesterday. I picked up a lot of sticks. Home Depot sucks on a Friday morning. My father and I went to get a new gascan for the mower and there was only one employee around to help us...and she didn't know anything about how these new fangled gas cans work... So due to a bank error when I reset my bank account so I could accurately keep track again, I had like a hundred dollars less in my account than I thought so my last bill payment put me in the hole. This would've been all right and easily fixed if I had been paid for the last week of my mailroom job but, oddly, I still have not been even though it's been weeks. I don't know if I can accurately convey how infuriated this makes me. If it doesn't happen soon, heads will roll! Also yesterday I re-watched the Enterprise episode "Regeneration"; this time with audio commentary from the writers. They made some valid points I hadn't considered on the issue of if this episode screws with...

Rant and Update

First off, I must ask: Where the bloody hell is my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows ? I ordered the thing five days ago! I'm going to start reading spoilers soon! I really want to read this book! Anyway, so I'm still volunteering at the library. We're in the middle of an inventory now. I've also looked in the catalog, one, to see if we had certain new books already and, two, if we did, to see which branch. This week, I've been assigning call numbers to new books. I haven't done that at all since school and that was Library of Congress (LC) classification anyway while here they use Dewey and Cutter numbers. Tomorrow, I won't be going in as the librarian is out today and tomorrow and I did all the work she left for me already.