Skip to main content

He Punched A Reindeer? WTF?

My cousin/roommate is really into Christmas specials and movies so the other day, we watched the holiday classic Jingle All The Way. (Conan O'Brien reference.) Like Jersey Girl, I figured it couldn't be the steaming pile it seemed to be. In some ways it was worse but I ended up watching the whole thing so what does that tell you? I'm way too amiable. That's what it tells you. I love Phil Hartman and miss him and I love Sinbad but Danny Devito needed to be in this movie! Jake Lloyd, playing Ah-nold's son, can't act. If they do a remake of Shane, he should be the kid because, well, watch this movie or The Phantom Menace because that will answer your question. Can I just ask why Rita Wilson appears in mediocre films all the time? (Well, she did once joke that she had to sleep with the director to get in That Thing You Do...) I mean she's married to Tom Hanks! In summary, watch Batman and Robin instead...

Comments

Cathy said…
I can't count the number of times I have watched Jingle All the Way. My parents love that movie, so everytime I visit around Christmas they seem to be watching it. There is a chance they own it. It is funny, but in that Arnold way ;)

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c...

Random Comments Into My Life

We did yardwork yesterday. I picked up a lot of sticks. Home Depot sucks on a Friday morning. My father and I went to get a new gascan for the mower and there was only one employee around to help us...and she didn't know anything about how these new fangled gas cans work... So due to a bank error when I reset my bank account so I could accurately keep track again, I had like a hundred dollars less in my account than I thought so my last bill payment put me in the hole. This would've been all right and easily fixed if I had been paid for the last week of my mailroom job but, oddly, I still have not been even though it's been weeks. I don't know if I can accurately convey how infuriated this makes me. If it doesn't happen soon, heads will roll! Also yesterday I re-watched the Enterprise episode "Regeneration"; this time with audio commentary from the writers. They made some valid points I hadn't considered on the issue of if this episode screws with...

Rant and Update

First off, I must ask: Where the bloody hell is my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows ? I ordered the thing five days ago! I'm going to start reading spoilers soon! I really want to read this book! Anyway, so I'm still volunteering at the library. We're in the middle of an inventory now. I've also looked in the catalog, one, to see if we had certain new books already and, two, if we did, to see which branch. This week, I've been assigning call numbers to new books. I haven't done that at all since school and that was Library of Congress (LC) classification anyway while here they use Dewey and Cutter numbers. Tomorrow, I won't be going in as the librarian is out today and tomorrow and I did all the work she left for me already.