Skip to main content

Been A Long Time.


French Guard


Hello, long time no type.

I've been unusually busy the last few days. This past weekend, I fed a family friend's cat while they were away. It was really easy but did not pay that much at all.

On Monday, we went to the Lobsterfest at Mystic Seaport. That was pretty fun. My father parked the car near Mystic Pizza and asked me if I thought we'd see Julia...(If you knew my father you wouldn't be surprised...) We toured this whaling vessel and the ceilings below decks were so low I banged my head like three times.

The last two days I've been doing a job for my mother cropping digital images and inserting them in documents. That did pay pretty well...

Been watching a lot of movies lately. In addition to reseeing Back to the Future, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Grease and Duets, we also went to see Laws of Attraction in the theater. Not a bad movie although the script could have used some tweaking. It did have Julianne Moore and Parker Posey, two members of the harem wish list, so that was good enough for me...

The season finale of Enterprise was oh so cool. I loved it when Shran and the Andorians arrived. I ad hoped that meant they were going to have a larger role in they series but I don't think so. I'm not surprised the destruction of the weapon threw Archer apparently back in time. I can only assume that the Enterprise also ended up back in time because of Daniels. Why WWII? That is a time period, in addition to the Civil War, that is done to death on tv time travel plots. Can't they come up with something new? What about this plot convinced UPN not to cancel the show?

I've been reminding myself lately just how good Deep Space Nine was. Enterprise pales in comparison.

A show that did end this past weekend was Justice League and did it not go out with a bang! Batman dropping the Watchtower on the Thanagarian device was just too cool for words. We may never know how the League members voted on whether to let Hawkgirl stay or not since she quit and left. Though the DVD of this apparently includes the producers explanation of why they didn't have the "real" Hawkman in the episode, my guess is that they already made Aquaman kinda evil so they probably didn't want to do it to Hawkman in a more blatant fashion. I should have known the show was going to end when they all revealed there secret identities to each other. (A problem I had with the series if you'll remember.) I thought the best line was going to be Superman reply about the device, "Impressive...Let's go wreck it." but, in fact, good old Alfred had the best lines. Wally "Flash" West made some stupid revelation and Alfred replied "And I thought Master Bruce was the detective." Later when the JL left a Thanagarian on the lawn, Alfred replied, "I really've got to get Master Bruce to clean up after himself."

Fear not though, apparently, a retooled Justice League Unlimited debuts in August with recurring new cast members. I can't wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c

Reversion To The Old Ways

Since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which of my posts get comments and which don't, I'm going post whatever I feel like. Sure, I love comments but I must face facts that I'm not going to get them. No, I'm not going to review every episode of every TV show I'm going to watch this new season again simply because it doesn't appeal to me any more. To be sure, I will write about some of the new series since that does still interest me but not every episode... I am going to go back to complaining about my love life occassionally though because, if I can't discuss it here, where can I? Remember that workstudy student I mentioned being interested in? Yeah, well she's married apparently and I think even has at least one child so even if she didn't commute from such a long distance, nothing is going to happen with that. (Boo!) This is the first time I've discovered information of this nature before I made a complete ass of my self so this is go

This Was Supposed To Be Titled "Brooms and Baseball" But, Now, Forget It...

Saturday, my aunt and roommate went with me to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix . Overall, I loved it but I'd be lying if I didn't have quibbles but there was much I enjoyed about it. In the book, I found the character of Luna annoying as all get out but she totally rocked in this movie. "I'm hungry. I hope they have pudding." Delores Umbridge was also great. I did, however, miss the heavy Scottish accent Cho had in the last movie. (My cousin pointed out that she still had one but from a different region. I say it isn't the same.) I actually approved of them cutting the Quidditch stuff out of this movie but the OWL scenes, including the studying, being cut was disapointing. They had the scene with Fred and George but they didn't make clear they actually left school so what really was the point? Speaking of confusion, how exactly could the students ride creatures only Harry and Luna could see? I'm pretty sure it was explained in the book b