Skip to main content

2007

Here's a blow by blow account of my recent Christmas and subsequent vacation for you all to peruse.

Christmas Day-I woke up rather late as my cat decided to spend the night before with me and that is difficult for many reasons. We had our stocking and presents and then hit the road for Maine. When we arrived, we had a present exchange.

Tuesday- My aunt, who arrived at my grandmother's just before we did the day before was down and a cousin came over so there was a Christmas party of sorts. The downside was that my intestinal thing from Thanksgiving returned but more on that later.

That night, we watched the movie The Upside of Anger. I really can't say you should definitely see this movie or that you definitely shouldn't. Overall, it was very well acted and isn't about time Kevin Costner put out a movie that was at least Tin Cup good? The best line came from the writer/director:

"Who should I sleep with, Terry? Women like you? Your age? My age? I don't. You know why? 'Cause younger women are nice. You take them out, and they're actually grateful. 'Oh look, a steak. Yummy.' You go for a walk after dinner, the air smells nice, they say, 'Thank you. This was nice. This was fun. You're funny. Tee-hee-hee.' What should I do, Terry? Settle down and marry some pissed-off thing like you? I'd rather have someone come over and do dental work, every day, from my backside, up... through my ass!"

The main reason for my reluctance is that the movie's ending, and therefore the whole basis for the movie, makes little sense unless you have personality that's even more pessimistic than mine.

Wednesday- I woke up early and let's just say I repainted my grandmother's bathroom brown. Thankfully, that was the worst of it. the whole bug was more violent abut much quicker. After resting most of the day, we watched Capote. This movie was very well acted but it was the slowest moving film I've seen in quite some time.

Thursday-This could be described as "The Day of Shopping" as I spent a gift certificate early in the day and then my parents and I went with my grandmother and uncle to this auction they like. I myself bought some old comics.

Friday- I got to see my new apartment and clear up some confusion/concerns about my impending move. There still isn't an exact move date but February looks good for all concerned. I'll have my own bedroom, bathroom and some of my own appliances too actually...

My little cousin came that evening for is weekly visitation with his father/grandmother. After spending the weekend with him, the only thing keeping me wanting children is the the chance they'll be more interesting to be around...

Saturday- We had the family party at my other grandparents. I think it was the best party we had in about three years as I had my partners in crime with me this year and one of them brought her son so my other little cousin had someone else to play with. Woo Hoo!

Sunday-Trying to find a time to go visit my last babysitter, we decided to go to the service at our old church. It was an experience made even more weird by the fact the youngest son of the neighbor I mentioned who died not too long ago provided special music. As I suspected, one of his sisters and his mother were there. Oddly, it seemed more awkward for me talking with him and the mother than the sister...

Finally, we arrived home in Connecticut to find our furnace was off so we restarted it but it was very cold in here for about four hours. Fun!!! Oh and I also discovered I left a whole bag of dirty laundry at my grandmother's house...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c

Reversion To The Old Ways

Since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which of my posts get comments and which don't, I'm going post whatever I feel like. Sure, I love comments but I must face facts that I'm not going to get them. No, I'm not going to review every episode of every TV show I'm going to watch this new season again simply because it doesn't appeal to me any more. To be sure, I will write about some of the new series since that does still interest me but not every episode... I am going to go back to complaining about my love life occassionally though because, if I can't discuss it here, where can I? Remember that workstudy student I mentioned being interested in? Yeah, well she's married apparently and I think even has at least one child so even if she didn't commute from such a long distance, nothing is going to happen with that. (Boo!) This is the first time I've discovered information of this nature before I made a complete ass of my self so this is go

The Big E and Other Commentary

Last night, we went to the Big E up in West Springfield. It was apparently Connecticut Day so the parade was all CT all the time. It was the longest parade I have ever watched. It went on like forever. We got a baked potato at the Maine Building and a Spiced Apple Cider Donut at the Vermont building as well as sharp cheese called "The Preacher." I wanted to get "The Green Mountain Boys" which was supposedly XX-sharp but my father wouldn't go for it. We then went to the Sam Adams Beer Garden where I ordered an Octoberfest. Mine was 20 ounces so it looked huge compared to the little cups of chardonnay my parents ordered. We then went over to get the special Big E cream puff. Has anyone heard Clay Aiken's new song? He's covering Badfinger's "Without You" of all things and, I really hate say this, it's pretty good... We're having another Movie Night a week from tomorrow. We've decided today that we're going to watch Akeela