Skip to main content

"Oh, Shut Up!"

I can't believe I didn't discuss this in detail but about a week ago now, the seminary had their end of the year party. This included a reception and then dinner. The graduating seniors were recognized symbolically by each ringing a bell for the number of semesters they attended. Some had to ring it as much as 12 times!

Friday, I went up to Ellsworth with my grandmother and uncle. The trip was long but I did enjoy being able to discuss and listen to music with my uncle.

That night, the five of us, including my parents, went to see two of my second cousins in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown! at the Grand. I discovered later that this was not the original production that starred Gary "Radar" Burghoff but the 1999 revival with Kristin Chenoweth as Sally Brown. (She won a Tony for it...). The difference is that the original version had a character named "Patty" which is not to be confused with Peppermint Patty. This character was replaced with Charlie's sister, Sally. See? You all learned something!

On Saturday, my mother, grandmother and I went downtown and I bought Sheryl Crow's new album, Detours. I like the album. To me, the sound is a cross between her first two albums. It features the return of the producer from the first album, Tuesday Night Music Club, but many of the songs were written by just her like her self-titled sophomore effort.

After going to a supper at Mother's church, we said goodbye to my grandmother and uncle and went to Bangor to the movies. We were too early for the next showing of Prince Caspian so we went to Borders for awhile where I confirmed that, because Amazon runs Border's website, my book is orderable through them! (I used the "Title Sleuth" station.) It should be officially out soon!

As you might remember, I didn't really like the book but said it would probably be better in movie form as armies battling is more interesting to watch than read about. Who could have guessed just how right I was! The movie, while not as good as the first, was totally awesome! The structure was changed a bit but the story remains pretty well intact. The only thing they add of any consequence to the book's story is actually a very cool scene dealing with temptation. For some reason, the Telmarines are portrayed as Spanish which I don't really recall from the book but then "Lewis the Anglophile" could possibly have that in notes somewhere... I loved how they gave Anna Popplewell as Susan something to do in this movie but this'll probably be her last... (IMDB says she'll, apparently, be in the next movie in 2010. I'll be interested in how they pull that off...)

The bus ride home on Monday was very uneventful. I thought it would be something since the busdriver kept stopping as the door wouldn't shut properly but, thankfully I was mistaken...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c

Reversion To The Old Ways

Since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which of my posts get comments and which don't, I'm going post whatever I feel like. Sure, I love comments but I must face facts that I'm not going to get them. No, I'm not going to review every episode of every TV show I'm going to watch this new season again simply because it doesn't appeal to me any more. To be sure, I will write about some of the new series since that does still interest me but not every episode... I am going to go back to complaining about my love life occassionally though because, if I can't discuss it here, where can I? Remember that workstudy student I mentioned being interested in? Yeah, well she's married apparently and I think even has at least one child so even if she didn't commute from such a long distance, nothing is going to happen with that. (Boo!) This is the first time I've discovered information of this nature before I made a complete ass of my self so this is go

This Was Supposed To Be Titled "Brooms and Baseball" But, Now, Forget It...

Saturday, my aunt and roommate went with me to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix . Overall, I loved it but I'd be lying if I didn't have quibbles but there was much I enjoyed about it. In the book, I found the character of Luna annoying as all get out but she totally rocked in this movie. "I'm hungry. I hope they have pudding." Delores Umbridge was also great. I did, however, miss the heavy Scottish accent Cho had in the last movie. (My cousin pointed out that she still had one but from a different region. I say it isn't the same.) I actually approved of them cutting the Quidditch stuff out of this movie but the OWL scenes, including the studying, being cut was disapointing. They had the scene with Fred and George but they didn't make clear they actually left school so what really was the point? Speaking of confusion, how exactly could the students ride creatures only Harry and Luna could see? I'm pretty sure it was explained in the book b