Skip to main content

My Relatively Busy Weekend

No, my aunt will not have her surgery so, despite the suggestion by my cousin that I come up anyway, I'm still here in CT. No, my reasons were not in fact including the one I mentioned earlier but perhaps the overly optimistic chance something employment-wise will happen, I haven't even started my Christmas shopping, there could be something wrong with the brakes of one of the cars and frankly, I'm tired. No, I haven't heard from the two matches I referred to in awhile but another match I had thought was gone for good contacted me today so...I don't know. I'm just saying...

More eventful things did actually occur, however. On Friday, I helped my mother with a "Parents Night Out" child care thing at her church. I was The Bank during a game of Cat-in-the-Hat-opoly and I pressed play on The Polar Express, which was very boring actually, and I also met the returning parents at the door. They didn't need me really and I was told I'd be paid which I wasn't but I don't want to bring that up because that's childish...

Early Saturday morning, several churches got together for a private viewing of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe which was the best film I've seen this year since maybe Batman Begins so it's been a few months. I had read the book a couple decades ago but I really noticed the Christian allegory this time. Wow. Ok yes, Non-Christians will like this film also but won't get the biblical references.

This morning at church, I helped organize the annual Christmas pageant. This year, three of our students wrote the play we'll be performing. Because there are only two boys that regularly come, I was roped into playing the father and the father in spirit form because I'm killed by a drunk driver will buying ham one Christmas. Yes, I leave behind a wife, played by a fifth grader (I like 'em young...), and two children. Honestly, this is the most fun I've had with the Christmas pageant in like twenty years.

This afternoon, we went to a Christmas party put on by parishioners of my mother's church. There was some good food and drink. My date wasn't there although not entirely out of the realm of possibility she might have been. (No, I wasn't seriously expecting her but it might have been nice.) She did, however, come up in conversation. A woman I know was saying that the daughter of a friend of hers was looking into library science and working in a library in a particular town and I, not believing in coincidence, asked, "Are you talking about...?" And she said yes. Kind of odd really.

I really have no comment about this result:








Natural Philosopher
You scored 42 outspokenness, 41 orthodoxy, 25 intuition, and 23 earthiness!
Congratulations! You were ahead of your time! While the rest of the world was still running around believing in astral projection and evil spirits, you keep a cool head on your shoulders. You really weren't very orthodox in your beliefs, but you knew how to keep it to yourself. You certainly weren't a witch, a pagan, or a practitioner of the Old Ways. Hell, you couldn't have cared less about that sort of stuff. And even more important, you weren't a rabble-rouser. In modern-day times you probably would have been a subversive atheist. Since just about everyone believed in God back then, you would have had to settle for being a Natural Philosopher.






The Witch Trial Survival Test written by okellelala on Ok Cupid, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c

Reversion To The Old Ways

Since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which of my posts get comments and which don't, I'm going post whatever I feel like. Sure, I love comments but I must face facts that I'm not going to get them. No, I'm not going to review every episode of every TV show I'm going to watch this new season again simply because it doesn't appeal to me any more. To be sure, I will write about some of the new series since that does still interest me but not every episode... I am going to go back to complaining about my love life occassionally though because, if I can't discuss it here, where can I? Remember that workstudy student I mentioned being interested in? Yeah, well she's married apparently and I think even has at least one child so even if she didn't commute from such a long distance, nothing is going to happen with that. (Boo!) This is the first time I've discovered information of this nature before I made a complete ass of my self so this is go

Book Group Musings

As some of you know, the book group I am part of at my church, decided my book would be a good one to read over the holidays. We discussed it yesterday afternoon. It went much better than I thought it would, honestly. The format of our monthly meetings is to just discuss the book of the month but, since I the author was there, it turned into a Q & A with moi. I'd have to re-read the interview I did for the paper for instance but this may have been the first time anyone asked me why I picked a female protagonist. The answer simply is I wanted the challenge. (The consensus was I handled this fairly well.) This was definitely the first time I was asked about what a neutron bomb actually was. This was probably the first time I discussed Winter Storm with a fan of the political thriller genre so I was pleased she was engrossed by the plot. I conclude this section with a couple humorous exchanges; at least to me: Woman: The airport scene in [Geneva] was quite accurate. Me: Really?