Skip to main content

Saturday's All Right For Posting

Ok, yes, another bad title from me but it's so hard to think of one when you have a myriad of topics you want to cover so there you go.

First, now that it's season is over, I want to make a comment or two about Boston Legal though not about it's season finale per se. How much do I love it that Parker Posey is now part of the cast? The cast was totally awesome anyway with William Shatner, James Spader, Candace Bergen, Rene Auberjenois and Julie Bowen but Posey as well? ::Drool:: I do worry that the addition will push Bowen out but I hope I'm wrong. The writing of the show is so good, I'm sure I'll get over it if that does indeed happen anyway.

Thursday, I worked at another insurance agency for one day only doing a photocopying project. Going into it I was under the impression that it would be done by noon but I think there was more work than expected as well as more interruptions, which should have been expected, and more staples to be removed. Also I don't think many realize how slow I am considering I'm not living in some group home doing macaroni crafts all day. Yes, I'm projecting... I came home and my (bad) knee was killing me until Friday afternoon.

Last night, was the Church Family Movie Night. The attendance, as I expected, was really small. Most of the little kids did come along with two middle school students and one high school student. No one without young kids came that didn't have some connection to the Deacons or Christian Ed committees. (The parents of a CE member came as well as my mother.) The young kids that came really do not have the personality to sit and watch a movie as the two youngest ran around the room most of the time and the next oldest had more fun making shadow puppets on the screen.

Herbie: Fully Loaded was a pretty boring movie. The soundtrack was good but most of the songs didn't seem to match up with what was going on during the scene except one scene when Herbie was macking on a newer model VW they played Lionel Ritchie's "Hello." That cracked me up. I also laughed really hard when Lindsey was about to make out with this other kid, the laptop's anti-virus screen popped on. The best line of the night came not from the movie but from my mother: "She's awful buxom!"

Comments

JRRyan said…
if no one's genuinely interested in movie night, how about Church Family Board Game night? sans bingo so no one thinks ol' scratch is worming his way into your parish...
Likestrek said…
Actually, awhile back we actually did have Board Game night and I think it was better attended. I think wanted to try something different. From the CE perspective, we thought Narnia would be a fun thing to do since everybody we talked to saw it at least once and loved it.

I think the parents of the young kids and the young kids themselves had a good time. I can't speak for anyone but me but I've seen my parents anyway enjoy themselves more.

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c

Reversion To The Old Ways

Since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which of my posts get comments and which don't, I'm going post whatever I feel like. Sure, I love comments but I must face facts that I'm not going to get them. No, I'm not going to review every episode of every TV show I'm going to watch this new season again simply because it doesn't appeal to me any more. To be sure, I will write about some of the new series since that does still interest me but not every episode... I am going to go back to complaining about my love life occassionally though because, if I can't discuss it here, where can I? Remember that workstudy student I mentioned being interested in? Yeah, well she's married apparently and I think even has at least one child so even if she didn't commute from such a long distance, nothing is going to happen with that. (Boo!) This is the first time I've discovered information of this nature before I made a complete ass of my self so this is go

This Was Supposed To Be Titled "Brooms and Baseball" But, Now, Forget It...

Saturday, my aunt and roommate went with me to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix . Overall, I loved it but I'd be lying if I didn't have quibbles but there was much I enjoyed about it. In the book, I found the character of Luna annoying as all get out but she totally rocked in this movie. "I'm hungry. I hope they have pudding." Delores Umbridge was also great. I did, however, miss the heavy Scottish accent Cho had in the last movie. (My cousin pointed out that she still had one but from a different region. I say it isn't the same.) I actually approved of them cutting the Quidditch stuff out of this movie but the OWL scenes, including the studying, being cut was disapointing. They had the scene with Fred and George but they didn't make clear they actually left school so what really was the point? Speaking of confusion, how exactly could the students ride creatures only Harry and Luna could see? I'm pretty sure it was explained in the book b