Skip to main content

Why Am I Busier On Vacation?

Thursday June 22nd-I'm carrying my laundry down the stairs and my knee, the left one, decides it had been in place for two and a half years and that was enough. Thankfully, my father had returned from Maine so he was here to call the paramedics. I think this was the farthest my knee went over since the very first time in 7th grade. Anyway, it's still immobilized and I see the doctor tomorrow.

Friday June 23rd-My father and I stay for the night at my aunt's in New Hampshire before going to Maine to the woods. I'm the cool cousin now apparently but more on that later. We watched The New World with Colin Farrell who did a very good job I think. My aunt was busy putting my cousin to bed and my uncle slept through the whole thing but my father and I enjoyed it for the most part. My only complaint was that they dragged it out in a few places for artistic reasons, I think.

Sunday June 25th-I come out of the woods briefly to meet my date at the food court at the Maine Mall. It started off great when I spilled my chicken teriyaki right in front of the kiosk and Danielle helped me clean it up. (Thanks by the way!) I obviously can't speak for her but I had a really good time. We seem to have much in common. No warning flags came up for me as on my last date so this is good.

Tuesday June 27th-My parents and I went to see Nacho Libre at a cinema pub in town. The movie was pretty good but not as good as I thought it would be considering how good School of Rock and The Good Girl was but Mike White apparently only co-wrote this with the guys from Napoleon Dynamite, a movie I could take or leave. "Mmm! Good toast!"

Wednesday June 28th-We go over to a cousin's for dinner and to watch the Sox-Mets game on their plasma screen TV. It wasn't on a HD channel but it was still cool especially since my dad and I had gone all that time listening to the games on the radio.

Thursday June 29th-I go to see Superman Returns downtown Portland with another cousin and his "posse." In hindsight, I think I should've hobbled down the street slower. I may have pushed myself a bit too much but the movie was definitely worth it. Best Superman film I've ever seen. Kevin Spacey was awesome as Lex Luthor. I love the fact they kept in step with the first two films except bringing Martha Kent back from the dead which is closer to the comic anyway. I'm curious where they'll go from here. I do hope they have a different villain and not just Luthor in every movie. I didn't know Parker Posey was in it. As you reader's know, I so love her.

Saturday July 1st- We went back to NH and stayed through to until yesterday. Except for a couple times when the neighbor kids invited him over my little 7 year old cousin clung to me like a leech. Also, I had forgotten just how incredibly boring the History Channel is. Do I need to see the history of pizza or donuts? No, I do not. On the bright side, we ate very well and it was interesting seeing the local fireworks display from the boat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c

Reversion To The Old Ways

Since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which of my posts get comments and which don't, I'm going post whatever I feel like. Sure, I love comments but I must face facts that I'm not going to get them. No, I'm not going to review every episode of every TV show I'm going to watch this new season again simply because it doesn't appeal to me any more. To be sure, I will write about some of the new series since that does still interest me but not every episode... I am going to go back to complaining about my love life occassionally though because, if I can't discuss it here, where can I? Remember that workstudy student I mentioned being interested in? Yeah, well she's married apparently and I think even has at least one child so even if she didn't commute from such a long distance, nothing is going to happen with that. (Boo!) This is the first time I've discovered information of this nature before I made a complete ass of my self so this is go

This Was Supposed To Be Titled "Brooms and Baseball" But, Now, Forget It...

Saturday, my aunt and roommate went with me to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix . Overall, I loved it but I'd be lying if I didn't have quibbles but there was much I enjoyed about it. In the book, I found the character of Luna annoying as all get out but she totally rocked in this movie. "I'm hungry. I hope they have pudding." Delores Umbridge was also great. I did, however, miss the heavy Scottish accent Cho had in the last movie. (My cousin pointed out that she still had one but from a different region. I say it isn't the same.) I actually approved of them cutting the Quidditch stuff out of this movie but the OWL scenes, including the studying, being cut was disapointing. They had the scene with Fred and George but they didn't make clear they actually left school so what really was the point? Speaking of confusion, how exactly could the students ride creatures only Harry and Luna could see? I'm pretty sure it was explained in the book b