Skip to main content

How Many of These Are There?

You're Ron Weasley!
You're Ron Weasley! You're not the leader of the
pack, but you aren't a follower either. You
know that you're not perfect, but you don't
really care. You're the most loyal friend
someone can have, and you're always there to
back people up when they most need it.


Which Harry Potter character are you? With Pics
brought to you by Quizilla

I know we've all taken a dozen Harry Potter quizzes but I thought, what the hell...

I don't really have much else to say. (Mwahahaha!!) Saddam has now been captured. If this was accomplished ten years ago under Bush Sr., I wonder how our lives would have been different.

On Fox News Sunday this morning Sen. Kerry was asked by Chris Wallace if this event made him want to retract his statement that Bush's foreign policy sucks. Kerry replied, "Not one word." and went on to list for like five minutes all of the president's foreign policy screw-ups such as North Korea, nuclear waste floating around Russia and backing out of the global warming treaties. Wallace then was like "Well, there's all that but..." It reminded me of that scene in Monty Python and the Life of Brian where John Cleese asks his fellow resistance members "What have the Romans done for us?" "A new aqueduct!" This also goes on for five ten minutes. Hilarious movie.

The more exciting news for me is the Sox signing free agent closer Keith Foulke. No closer is perfect, at least not one playing currently, but Foulke is better than most. At the very least, we won't have to ask this season who the closer is as we did at the beginning of last season.

I guess the plan now is to re-sign Nomar and Pedro before their contracts expire so no A-Rod.

The other day when we were discussing baseball, I didn't realize how close the Yankees were to acquiring Javier Vasquez. This does not diminish the strength of the Sox's staff but winning the division may not be as easy as I originally thought. Again, we will have to see.

I am concerned by the second base hole we apparently have for the hundredth time but there's still time to correct this problem. How freaking hard is it to get a second baseman that'll stick around for a few seasons?

He-man was not very action packed but really good none the less. Prompted by a dream he had, Adam goes to see the Sorceress who tells him the story of King Greyskull, who looks a lot like He-man, and his final battle with Hordak. Meanwhile, Hordak contacts Skeletor and orders the other man to free him from his prison. When King Greyskull died, his essence was imbued in his sword to be used by a new champion when evil returned to Eternia. His wife, who had the looks and power of the Sorceress, was placed as guardian of the sword. After the story is finished, He-man goes to stop Skeletor from freeing Hordak. In a strange move, Skeletor destroys Hordak's prison trapping him forever with no chance for escape. Evil-Lynn witnesses this and seems to be planning something. It would have been nice if the episode filled in blanks such as how the Sorceress got the job and more of Adam's destiny. In stuff I read on the internet, it seems not out of the question that She-ra will appear at some point but Hordak couldn't have kidnapped Adora if he was imprisoned in some other dimension so the origin would be different if it happens. The internet rumors were put up way before the episode aired so things may have changed since.

The Christmas episode of Justice League was fairly lame. Where was Diana? It's not like she can go home to celebrate the holidays or that she does. They said where Batman was and the fact they had a holiday episode of his show after, which was good even the second time, makes it possible not to include him. Another question I have is why is Clark wearing glasses around the house. His parents know who he is or they wouldn't wrap his presents in lead. The scenes with GL and Hawkgirl were probably the best part although the snowball fight went on too long. They could have easily had a plot to this episode but decided not to. Ah well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c

Reversion To The Old Ways

Since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which of my posts get comments and which don't, I'm going post whatever I feel like. Sure, I love comments but I must face facts that I'm not going to get them. No, I'm not going to review every episode of every TV show I'm going to watch this new season again simply because it doesn't appeal to me any more. To be sure, I will write about some of the new series since that does still interest me but not every episode... I am going to go back to complaining about my love life occassionally though because, if I can't discuss it here, where can I? Remember that workstudy student I mentioned being interested in? Yeah, well she's married apparently and I think even has at least one child so even if she didn't commute from such a long distance, nothing is going to happen with that. (Boo!) This is the first time I've discovered information of this nature before I made a complete ass of my self so this is go

The Big E and Other Commentary

Last night, we went to the Big E up in West Springfield. It was apparently Connecticut Day so the parade was all CT all the time. It was the longest parade I have ever watched. It went on like forever. We got a baked potato at the Maine Building and a Spiced Apple Cider Donut at the Vermont building as well as sharp cheese called "The Preacher." I wanted to get "The Green Mountain Boys" which was supposedly XX-sharp but my father wouldn't go for it. We then went to the Sam Adams Beer Garden where I ordered an Octoberfest. Mine was 20 ounces so it looked huge compared to the little cups of chardonnay my parents ordered. We then went over to get the special Big E cream puff. Has anyone heard Clay Aiken's new song? He's covering Badfinger's "Without You" of all things and, I really hate say this, it's pretty good... We're having another Movie Night a week from tomorrow. We've decided today that we're going to watch Akeela