Skip to main content

Stick a Fork in Me. I'm Done.

I had my last two classes yesterday and today. Yesterday, I received a care package from my mother's church. The purpose of which is to help college students get through finals. When I received mine, I was halfway finished with the last assignment of the semester due this morning. (That's a fun story but I'm too exhausted to relate it.)

Today, I tried to get boots for the second time this week. The first time, on Monday, I was told they had nothing in size 10. Today, all they had in my size was the boots worth $120, $150. A straight male would never pay that much for boots and a gay male would find them way too ugly. So for the next week or so, I will continue to trudge through puddles and snow in my sneakers. I haven't fallen yet but we're due for freezing rain tomorrow...

I may be going home Tuesday. I was going to stay for the party I mentioned earlier but, as I also said earlier, my friends will all be gone by the 17th and this boot thing makes me not want to stray too far from home.

As promised, let me tell you what I thought of Battlestar Galactica: If the original series was that good, there would be two spin-offs. (There was one called Galactica 1980 that told the story of the crew, minus Apollo and Starbuck and maybe Boomer, adjusting to being on Earth.) My main problem with it, and I've said this at least five times, is that this series was done before, albeit shittier. They may be able to do another couple more miniseries but that's about it. I like a female Starbuck, as I've said, and Edward James Olmos is an infinitely better actor than Lorne Greene, or at least his corpse, and adding tension with son was a good call on Moore's part. I know I said this before, but the actor they picked to play Col. Tigh sucked. The original was tough but this guy was an asshole. (Did anybody else notice that, while adding Hispanics and Asians, they dumped the two black characters from the original?) I also thought that, while, James Callis is a good actor, he was too young to play Baltar. There had to be a reason John Collicos was cast in the original part.

While the idea that the Cylons could look human, sounded cool for a spin-off especially, (::nudge nudge::) the Cylon robots they showed in the first five minutes, and then never again as far as I can recall, were totally awesome and should have been shown more.

Show creator, Glen Larson was listed as a consulting producer in the credits. I believe this is analogous to when Roddenberry would give Harve Bennet suggestions such as "Let's have Spock be the second gunman on the Grassy Knoll." and Bennet would say, "That's nice, Gene." and then usher him out of the office. I say let Ronald D. Moore at Knight Rider and Manimal. I'd watch both of them. We'll get Jeri Taylor to come out of retirement to redo Quincy since she was a producer on the original show but I'm afraid we'll need Ira Steven Behr and Robert Hewitt Wolfe to save Automan from the eternal toilet it's currently in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c

Reversion To The Old Ways

Since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which of my posts get comments and which don't, I'm going post whatever I feel like. Sure, I love comments but I must face facts that I'm not going to get them. No, I'm not going to review every episode of every TV show I'm going to watch this new season again simply because it doesn't appeal to me any more. To be sure, I will write about some of the new series since that does still interest me but not every episode... I am going to go back to complaining about my love life occassionally though because, if I can't discuss it here, where can I? Remember that workstudy student I mentioned being interested in? Yeah, well she's married apparently and I think even has at least one child so even if she didn't commute from such a long distance, nothing is going to happen with that. (Boo!) This is the first time I've discovered information of this nature before I made a complete ass of my self so this is go

This Was Supposed To Be Titled "Brooms and Baseball" But, Now, Forget It...

Saturday, my aunt and roommate went with me to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix . Overall, I loved it but I'd be lying if I didn't have quibbles but there was much I enjoyed about it. In the book, I found the character of Luna annoying as all get out but she totally rocked in this movie. "I'm hungry. I hope they have pudding." Delores Umbridge was also great. I did, however, miss the heavy Scottish accent Cho had in the last movie. (My cousin pointed out that she still had one but from a different region. I say it isn't the same.) I actually approved of them cutting the Quidditch stuff out of this movie but the OWL scenes, including the studying, being cut was disapointing. They had the scene with Fred and George but they didn't make clear they actually left school so what really was the point? Speaking of confusion, how exactly could the students ride creatures only Harry and Luna could see? I'm pretty sure it was explained in the book b