Skip to main content

Reversion To The Old Ways

Since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which of my posts get comments and which don't, I'm going post whatever I feel like. Sure, I love comments but I must face facts that I'm not going to get them.

No, I'm not going to review every episode of every TV show I'm going to watch this new season again simply because it doesn't appeal to me any more. To be sure, I will write about some of the new series since that does still interest me but not every episode...

I am going to go back to complaining about my love life occassionally though because, if I can't discuss it here, where can I? Remember that workstudy student I mentioned being interested in? Yeah, well she's married apparently and I think even has at least one child so even if she didn't commute from such a long distance, nothing is going to happen with that. (Boo!) This is the first time I've discovered information of this nature before I made a complete ass of my self so this is good in the long run but right now it kind of sucks...

I'm also going to perhaps discuss sports more. The Sox losing and the Yankees winning is not pleasing me in the slightest. As of right now, I still hold out hope of them claiming the division but this trend must stop!

I agree with the aforementioned student, the Pats should be penalized for cheating but too many people are acting like they are the only team that does. Teams like Miami and Detroit would never win if they didn't. My only gripe torwards the Pats is that the three instances where they were caught was in games that were blowing them out anyway. What's the point?

Comments

K.J. Kofsuske said…
1. The Pats are the only idiots to get caught so far.

2. Considering the commissioner gave a very stern warning about this at the beginning of the season, Beelzebub is an ass for thinking it wouldn't affect him.
Likestrek said…
Mangini and the Jets were just nailed for some form of cheating so, you're right, the Pats were just the first...
JRRyan said…
Well, I'm glad you resigned yourself to no consistent comments and still decided to update. I'm starting to get into the red sox bc my man is a fanatic. And I'm always always interested in your dating antics. So yay! all the content I want, with none of the pressures of commenting! I win! really tho, I've just been so damn busy I haven't even updated my blog in a while. You should get twitter, it's a nice fix if you're too busy to update properly.
Anonymous said…
~ Quote from above comment: "Beelzebub is an ass for thinking it wouldn't affect him."~
This made me spit out my coffee laughing! So true.

I always read your blog, but sometimes I just don't have much to say. I am glad you found out about the marriage prior to any dating inquiries. ;) You'll have to email me more about the waitress though...

And, I always thought most of these sports team cheated to some degree! ;) I'm not a pats fan anyways though.

~your cousin
Likestrek said…
Well, admittedly, I probably don't always write about things that need commenting on...

Yeah, the Bucs would never cheat... :)
Anonymous said…
Oh, and ARGGHH Matey!!

Don't forget today is talk like a pirate day!!

~your cousin

Popular posts from this blog

Thor Or Thunderstrike?

Marvel screwed the pooch with the Thor  franchise from the beginning. They took the more modern notion that the Asgardians are aliens not gods. In itself, that's fine but I can't help but think that just made it more complicated not less. (Wonder Woman  just killed them off which is better but that's still a big nitpick from me about THAT movie...)

I stopped regularly reading comics  after I graduated college in the early part of the century so I don't know when secret identities became passé but I think this also hurt the franchise. Originally, instead of dropping Thor on his head and giving him amnesia, Odin put him the mortal body of Donald Blake and then Eric Masterson. (Was that a complaint about Ghost Rider? Same concept really...)

In Thor: Ragnarok, to me, this '90's era of the comic where Eric Masterson WAS Thor was the best run of the comic and there were many Easter eggs from that period from Thor's Earth garb (with Mjolnir disguised as an umbrell…

Setup Complete

When I wrote my blog post on the previous Netflix series, Luke Cage, I noted it was only about 90% as dark as Daredevil  and Jessica Jones. Iron Fist  is only about 90% as dark as that series.While that does make me question the Mature rating, I have no problem with that.

I feel in the mood to structure at least the beginning of this review on my feelings on complaints I've heard

1. The acting and writing: I'm sure my bar is lower than others but I feel people who feel the strongest about this have never watched movies on Lifetime or Hallmark. (Oddly, I read a comment on Twitter from a complainer that he had higher hopes for Cloak and Dagger on Freeform than  Inhumans on ABC. Special effects budget, sure but writing and acting? I think that's an iffy wager at best but I digress.)

Finn Jones and Jessica Henwick are great as Danny Rand and Colleen Wing. Danny to me is just as a 25 year old man who spent 15 years cut off from the world as he knew it in a monastery (think ster…

The Blog Comes Around

Went to see Logan yesterday. I had already read tweets claiming it was the "best X-men film to date" which, to be honest, is not the highest of bars to leap over.  After seeing it, I would go much further with my praise. It doesn't really have the feel of a comic book film at all. This leaves both Spider-man 2 and The Dark Knight  in the dust in this respect...

To me, it feels more like a post-apocalyptic film (a genre that seems to get more critical praise, or at least scrutiny, incidentally.)  You have a small group of people, last of their kind, making the journey to Eden. This is the trope found in that genre. Death and bleakness, found also in Westerns, is evident from the Johnny "Man in Black" Cash songbook and the inclusion of Elizabeth Rodriguez best known from the show Orange is the New Black! (Sure, possibly a coincidence but if not? Sweet!) Just because it includes characters from comic, I'm pretty sure award voters will not see it in this respec…