Skip to main content

Musings of a Quiet Geek

Tonight, this blog will live up to it's title. The following is random comments I have about many topics.

One: Why are the stars of The Invisible Man, and I'm not referring to the two hot women from that show, on Las Vegas right now? And why is this show on right now anyway?

Two: Hillary Duff on American Dreams? Here I was thinking the worst casting was Third Eye Blind as the Kinks but I'm afraid I could be wrong...

Three: limp bizkit's cover of the Who classic "Behind Blue Eyes" is not bad but they don't have the best part of the song where it says, among other things, "If I swallow anything evil, stick your finger down my throat ..." I do find it funny though Fred Durst directs the video in which he makes out with Halle Berry. (Cut! Let's try it again but, this time, let's have more tongue...)

Four: While we are discussing horrible covers of classic rock tunes, I must say Kid Rock's version of "Feel Like Making Love" is horribly disappointing. It's really a song he should do well but, for some reason, he's made it more country that than it should be which I find incredibly odd.

Five: Why the hell didn't they show Enterprise tonight? Smallville gets better ratings so I can't be the only one who takes advantage of the repeat showing of Enterprise. I mean why else is there a repeat showing if they don't think anyone will watch it?

Six: Would you like me to add the new He-man show to my Saturday Recap? Tonight we learned three things that were never part of the original cartoon that I remember from my youth: How Evil Lynn and "Keldor" met as well as that Hordak turned Keldor into Skeletor to save his life...We also learned that Trap Jaw didn't always have a trap jaw... With the appearance of Hordak on the show could the redo of She-ra be far behind? Hmm I would love to see a redo of Shadow Weaver, a totally awesome character anyway...Let me know before next Saturday if you want me to include it. I may anyway.

Seven: Why the hell is Eloise at the Plaza still on at 9:42pm? Parenting has gone out the window if children young enough to give a shit about this movie are still up.

Eight: Neither Andromeda and Teen Titans sucked this evening. With the latter show, it was a fluke, I'm sure but, is Andromeda finally starting to get back to where it used to be? This is the second episode in a row that hasn't made me want to induce vomiting. About a year after they end the show, it might be as good as it was in season one...

And there you have what's going on in my mind. The two readers I had apparently stopped reading this judging by the lack of tagging but if you stumbled here by accident, tag your comments and take time from your busy life of work, sexual relations either with yourself or someone else, and whatever else is keeping you away, and check out my writings. Submit a review as well.

Thank you for your support.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setup Complete

When I wrote my blog post on the previous Netflix series, Luke Cage, I noted it was only about 90% as dark as Daredevil  and Jessica Jones. Iron Fist  is only about 90% as dark as that series.While that does make me question the Mature rating, I have no problem with that.

I feel in the mood to structure at least the beginning of this review on my feelings on complaints I've heard

1. The acting and writing: I'm sure my bar is lower than others but I feel people who feel the strongest about this have never watched movies on Lifetime or Hallmark. (Oddly, I read a comment on Twitter from a complainer that he had higher hopes for Cloak and Dagger on Freeform than  Inhumans on ABC. Special effects budget, sure but writing and acting? I think that's an iffy wager at best but I digress.)

Finn Jones and Jessica Henwick are great as Danny Rand and Colleen Wing. Danny to me is just as a 25 year old man who spent 15 years cut off from the world as he knew it in a monastery (think ster…

The Blog Comes Around

Went to see Logan yesterday. I had already read tweets claiming it was the "best X-men film to date" which, to be honest, is not the highest of bars to leap over.  After seeing it, I would go much further with my praise. It doesn't really have the feel of a comic book film at all. This leaves both Spider-man 2 and The Dark Knight  in the dust in this respect...

To me, it feels more like a post-apocalyptic film (a genre that seems to get more critical praise, or at least scrutiny, incidentally.)  You have a small group of people, last of their kind, making the journey to Eden. This is the trope found in that genre. Death and bleakness, found also in Westerns, is evident from the Johnny "Man in Black" Cash songbook and the inclusion of Elizabeth Rodriguez best known from the show Orange is the New Black! (Sure, possibly a coincidence but if not? Sweet!) Just because it includes characters from comic, I'm pretty sure award voters will not see it in this respec…

Strange Times

No, this isn't about the election. I'm not ready to unlease that upon the world just yet.  Instead, allow me to share my thoughts on another fantastic entry into Marvel's cinematic universe.  Doctor Strange was the perfect blend of the tone we are used to and the adding of the supernatural world.

Friends on Facebook may have noticed my comment that the first part of  The Imitation Game  was unexpectedly hilarious due in large part to Benedict Cumberbatch's turn as Alan Turing so it comes as no surprise he's awesome as arrogant neurosurgeon (a redundant phrase in my personal experience.)

Doctor Strange, like Ghost Rider, is really not a character that lends itself to having a love interest but since it's an origin story, it worked here with  fellow surgeon Dr. Christine Palmer. Certainly better than in that movie... I've loved Rachel McAdams since The Family Stone  but I'm sure the character'll just go the route of Thor's Jane Foster and just be …