Skip to main content

Musings of a Quiet Geek

Tonight, this blog will live up to it's title. The following is random comments I have about many topics.

One: Why are the stars of The Invisible Man, and I'm not referring to the two hot women from that show, on Las Vegas right now? And why is this show on right now anyway?

Two: Hillary Duff on American Dreams? Here I was thinking the worst casting was Third Eye Blind as the Kinks but I'm afraid I could be wrong...

Three: limp bizkit's cover of the Who classic "Behind Blue Eyes" is not bad but they don't have the best part of the song where it says, among other things, "If I swallow anything evil, stick your finger down my throat ..." I do find it funny though Fred Durst directs the video in which he makes out with Halle Berry. (Cut! Let's try it again but, this time, let's have more tongue...)

Four: While we are discussing horrible covers of classic rock tunes, I must say Kid Rock's version of "Feel Like Making Love" is horribly disappointing. It's really a song he should do well but, for some reason, he's made it more country that than it should be which I find incredibly odd.

Five: Why the hell didn't they show Enterprise tonight? Smallville gets better ratings so I can't be the only one who takes advantage of the repeat showing of Enterprise. I mean why else is there a repeat showing if they don't think anyone will watch it?

Six: Would you like me to add the new He-man show to my Saturday Recap? Tonight we learned three things that were never part of the original cartoon that I remember from my youth: How Evil Lynn and "Keldor" met as well as that Hordak turned Keldor into Skeletor to save his life...We also learned that Trap Jaw didn't always have a trap jaw... With the appearance of Hordak on the show could the redo of She-ra be far behind? Hmm I would love to see a redo of Shadow Weaver, a totally awesome character anyway...Let me know before next Saturday if you want me to include it. I may anyway.

Seven: Why the hell is Eloise at the Plaza still on at 9:42pm? Parenting has gone out the window if children young enough to give a shit about this movie are still up.

Eight: Neither Andromeda and Teen Titans sucked this evening. With the latter show, it was a fluke, I'm sure but, is Andromeda finally starting to get back to where it used to be? This is the second episode in a row that hasn't made me want to induce vomiting. About a year after they end the show, it might be as good as it was in season one...

And there you have what's going on in my mind. The two readers I had apparently stopped reading this judging by the lack of tagging but if you stumbled here by accident, tag your comments and take time from your busy life of work, sexual relations either with yourself or someone else, and whatever else is keeping you away, and check out my writings. Submit a review as well.

Thank you for your support.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c

Reversion To The Old Ways

Since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which of my posts get comments and which don't, I'm going post whatever I feel like. Sure, I love comments but I must face facts that I'm not going to get them. No, I'm not going to review every episode of every TV show I'm going to watch this new season again simply because it doesn't appeal to me any more. To be sure, I will write about some of the new series since that does still interest me but not every episode... I am going to go back to complaining about my love life occassionally though because, if I can't discuss it here, where can I? Remember that workstudy student I mentioned being interested in? Yeah, well she's married apparently and I think even has at least one child so even if she didn't commute from such a long distance, nothing is going to happen with that. (Boo!) This is the first time I've discovered information of this nature before I made a complete ass of my self so this is go

This Was Supposed To Be Titled "Brooms and Baseball" But, Now, Forget It...

Saturday, my aunt and roommate went with me to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix . Overall, I loved it but I'd be lying if I didn't have quibbles but there was much I enjoyed about it. In the book, I found the character of Luna annoying as all get out but she totally rocked in this movie. "I'm hungry. I hope they have pudding." Delores Umbridge was also great. I did, however, miss the heavy Scottish accent Cho had in the last movie. (My cousin pointed out that she still had one but from a different region. I say it isn't the same.) I actually approved of them cutting the Quidditch stuff out of this movie but the OWL scenes, including the studying, being cut was disapointing. They had the scene with Fred and George but they didn't make clear they actually left school so what really was the point? Speaking of confusion, how exactly could the students ride creatures only Harry and Luna could see? I'm pretty sure it was explained in the book b