Skip to main content

Sunday TV Recap

I like the way this works. I bitch about something on here and the problem is corrected. I had complained this weekend that Enterprise was not shown and then I come across it at 5:45pm yesterday evening. Overall, I was very impressed with the writing and acting of this episode. I'm not entirely sure of T'Pol's motives for kissing Sim. (It could have been nothing. If you blinked you missed it.) Will this lead to a love triangle between Archer, T'Pol and Trip? That might be fun. Yeah, it was kind of done with Worf, Troi, and Riker but Riker and Worf were not really good friends. Trip and Archer are. The other possible explanation of the kiss is that she was making a man who was marked for death happy. Maybe I'll try that...Archer showed in this episode concern for his friend but didn't totally abandon his determination to complete the mission. In that scene where Sim wanted to fly one of the shuttles, I was honestly thinking, "Do you want to deny Travis a chance to do something in this episode?" forgetting that they were referring to Malcolm. Silly me...

Secrets were revealed, to the audience anyway, about Chris. Honestly, stopping Wyatt from turning evil is the most unoriginal thing I can think of. Questions still remain and, frankly more questions are added.

One: If I was any of them, I'd beat the answers out of Chris. They've never been satisfied with that before and Leo certainly shouldn't accept the status quo since he's been riding Chris's ass all season.

Two: He's half-witch? Please explain this. Would this explain why he and Bianca are the only two in the freaking world who want to stop Wyatt?

Three: Are we supposed to believe that the "all my life" comment can be explained because he hung out at a Halliwell museum? That's like me saying there were three bullets fired in the JFK assassination because I saw it on the news. What I'm saying is, that explanation is a load of shit. The answer to number two might provide a better explanation. We did learn a couple interesting things in that scene though: the demon that killed Prue returns to kill them even though I could swear they vanquished him. We also learn that the world finds out about them.

Was it just me or was the first part of Alias better than the second part? The break in at the FEMA office was great. Having Vaughn, Jack, and Sloane working together was sweet. It reminded me of Ocean's 11. Frankly, I thought the jail break itself was anticlimactic. More of Richard Roundtree! (I'm talking about Shaft!) What exactly did he mean about "getting the old gang back together?" Was he CIA or SD-6? It's not terribly important but I'm curious. Hmm Lauren helping to break her husband's woman out. Interesting...If the US military, the DOJ or whatever condone psychological torture as was displayed here, the Bush administration needs to be taken down as much as Saddam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c

Reversion To The Old Ways

Since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which of my posts get comments and which don't, I'm going post whatever I feel like. Sure, I love comments but I must face facts that I'm not going to get them. No, I'm not going to review every episode of every TV show I'm going to watch this new season again simply because it doesn't appeal to me any more. To be sure, I will write about some of the new series since that does still interest me but not every episode... I am going to go back to complaining about my love life occassionally though because, if I can't discuss it here, where can I? Remember that workstudy student I mentioned being interested in? Yeah, well she's married apparently and I think even has at least one child so even if she didn't commute from such a long distance, nothing is going to happen with that. (Boo!) This is the first time I've discovered information of this nature before I made a complete ass of my self so this is go

The Big E and Other Commentary

Last night, we went to the Big E up in West Springfield. It was apparently Connecticut Day so the parade was all CT all the time. It was the longest parade I have ever watched. It went on like forever. We got a baked potato at the Maine Building and a Spiced Apple Cider Donut at the Vermont building as well as sharp cheese called "The Preacher." I wanted to get "The Green Mountain Boys" which was supposedly XX-sharp but my father wouldn't go for it. We then went to the Sam Adams Beer Garden where I ordered an Octoberfest. Mine was 20 ounces so it looked huge compared to the little cups of chardonnay my parents ordered. We then went over to get the special Big E cream puff. Has anyone heard Clay Aiken's new song? He's covering Badfinger's "Without You" of all things and, I really hate say this, it's pretty good... We're having another Movie Night a week from tomorrow. We've decided today that we're going to watch Akeela