Skip to main content

Everyday is a Winding Road

Ain't that the truth? There are literally days where I either don't even want to get out of bed or days I realize I just shouldn't have.

Right this second, I'm happy but just an hour ago I wasn't. In the shower I pondered the concept of meaningless sex. I mean if I'm not destined to find that special someone until I'm fifty or something that's not going to give me a lot of time for spreading the family name or genes.

This is where meaningless sex comes in. Ideologically speaking, I'm against this concept. Truthfully, I have only considered pre-marital sex (or at least sex with someone I definitely would never marry ever) at my most horniest and even then it sometimes was with a bag over her head...

Then another concept that is more excepted by 1950's society came to my mind. Meaningless dating. You laugh but this concept has always been foreign to me.

The closest I've ever come to it is when I asked Smonkess to the Senior Ball and that was truly meaningless: her boyfriend at the time had just gone home for the summer and she was in no mood to even joke about "fooling around." I think we danced once. Yes, Tracy and I did go out to dinner recently but that was certainly not a date. It was two roommates, if you will, eating together like we have done in the school cafeteria a handful of times before.

For some reason, I have to be emotionally invested before I even consider going on a date with someone. It's like I have to know where this is all going before I even bother.

Generally speaking, is physical attraction, for instance, all that needed?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Neglected Blog

With the discovery of the time-waster that is Facebook, I find I no longer need to waste my time here. This is mainly why I haven't done any quizzes or other memes here in a cat's age. (I'm not a dog person...) They're all over there. Also why tell you all about what's not going on in my life when I can better waste time by making fake money off Lindsay Lohan's hi-jinks? Added to that, you can regularly follow the mundaness that is my life on Twitter. I don't want to say I'll never blog again. Frankly, this site and I have chronicled much over the years and I'm not ready to give it up fully. Every so often, something comes up worth sharing. Case in point, Thursday night, there was a retirement celebration for our outgoing OT professor complete with a guest lecturer from Boston, dinner and a vesper service designed by the professor herself. It was good Thai food, though admittedly not my favorite Asian cuisine, and saw many people I knew. My parents c...

Rant and Update

First off, I must ask: Where the bloody hell is my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows ? I ordered the thing five days ago! I'm going to start reading spoilers soon! I really want to read this book! Anyway, so I'm still volunteering at the library. We're in the middle of an inventory now. I've also looked in the catalog, one, to see if we had certain new books already and, two, if we did, to see which branch. This week, I've been assigning call numbers to new books. I haven't done that at all since school and that was Library of Congress (LC) classification anyway while here they use Dewey and Cutter numbers. Tomorrow, I won't be going in as the librarian is out today and tomorrow and I did all the work she left for me already.

Random Comments Into My Life

We did yardwork yesterday. I picked up a lot of sticks. Home Depot sucks on a Friday morning. My father and I went to get a new gascan for the mower and there was only one employee around to help us...and she didn't know anything about how these new fangled gas cans work... So due to a bank error when I reset my bank account so I could accurately keep track again, I had like a hundred dollars less in my account than I thought so my last bill payment put me in the hole. This would've been all right and easily fixed if I had been paid for the last week of my mailroom job but, oddly, I still have not been even though it's been weeks. I don't know if I can accurately convey how infuriated this makes me. If it doesn't happen soon, heads will roll! Also yesterday I re-watched the Enterprise episode "Regeneration"; this time with audio commentary from the writers. They made some valid points I hadn't considered on the issue of if this episode screws with...